Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lincoln meets Spielberg.

In more movie news this week, Spielberg is producing a movie about Abraham Lincoln, set to be released in December 2012. Some of you may not know this, but I used to have an obsession with Lincoln. True story. I share Abraham Lincoln's birthday and my Mom took hold of this coincidental fact and never let go! I had a shrine dedicated to him in my room. I memorized the Gettysburg address for a competition in third grade (note: I lost. I was robbed...much like the Olympic figure skating scandal in 2002!). We also took a family trip to Illinois and spent an entire week visiting every possible Lincoln site you can imagine with a venerable Lincoln expert. These are all true stories. So, now you have an idea of what this movie could mean. And, Daniel Day Lewis is playing Lincoln which is a sure sign it is going to be a good one. Just look at this photo below that was released this week of Lewis.
Another sign that it is going to be good? I was born in Richmond. Guess where they are filming for the next two weeks? That's right. The city of my birth. It's all meant to be, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment