Sunday, December 11, 2011

x-mas cheer.

ML treated me to a Christmas music concert this afternoon at the Cathedral. We were psyched to get into the season and I figured it would be the perfect fix for my paper writing block.
Unfortunately, it didn't feel like people were celebrating a birth in there. We also might have been the only two under 50 and since I don't speak much latin, I was lost a lot of the time in those old classics like 'Angelus ad pastores ait'  and 'Quem vidistis'. What? Who chose the set-list?! I will say, the Puritan feel in there today did make for the best 'Silent Night' I have ever heard, they really know how to do slow and somber. But I was really jonsing for some high energy Christmas caroling! Ah well, we cut our losses at intermission and got out of there. 
 At least it was beautiful and I was back to work by 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment