Friday, December 2, 2011

oh degas.

It's Friday and I have a lot of work to do. So, naturally, I headed over to the Phillips Collection this morning to check out the special exhibition, Degas's Dancers at the Barre: Point and Counterpoint. Growing up, O and I had Degas prints hanging over our beds in our room, so I have a soft spot for his work. This was a beautiful exhibit, well curated and an interesting perspective of Degas's obsessive process of tracing and refining his compositions. Unfortunately, no photography was allowed on the floor, so you'll have to settle for this image of the painting that was featured.
I also wandered through some of the other exhibits and fell in love with these contemporary pieces by Joseph Marioni.
I like to think I could paint stripes too, but pretty sure not quite like Marioni!

No comments:

Post a Comment