Saturday, December 24, 2011

east baying it.

The East Bay has been treating me well so far! We have been moving slowly and taking it easy but yesterday my sister and I went to breakfast at Rick and Ann's. Good times! Great little place in Berkeley. (I am pretty sure I went there years ago with S, but can't figure out when that would have been?).
We stopped in at Diesel Bookstore in Rockridge A family favorite since J+H met and had their engagement party there. I should have taken notes of their 100 staff recommended books.
We moved on and headed to downtown Oakland to go to the farmer's market in Chinatown. It was legit, loved it! There are so many farmer's markets around here it is as if they have their own personalities. I always liked the one across from the Grand Theatre by Lake Merritt. In a way, that says something about me. It's small and comfortable. The prices are also higher and people buy expensive coffee and bring their labrador and probably, in that California way, have an effortlessly chic outfit they throw on to buy vegetables. Whereas the Chinatown market is all business and it's cheap. People are just buying and selling. I didn't see dogs, not many kids, and I am sure no coffee since they wanted two hands to get at it!
Finally, we went to see "We Bought a Zoo". Y and I cried through a lot of it, my sister wanted to walk out halfway through! I give it a B/B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment